Traffic Control (Stop/Slow) - Refresher
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those who currently hold a Traffic Control Licence issued by Queensland Transport and wish to renew thei accreditation.
The aim of this course is to provide clients with the necessary skills and knowledge to allow them to apply for an accredited Traffic Controller Licence in Queensland.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to understand;
- authority to control traffic
- approved dress/clothing requirements for traffic controllers
- maximum speed limit for controlling traffic
- responsibility for Traffic Controller Ahead sign / Prepare to stop signs
- location of traffic control station
- procedures for controlling traffic
- process for communication with others
- process for controlling traffic at night
- process for reporting offenders
- requirements for removing or covering signs when not controlling traffic
Participants are to hold a current Construction Induction Card (blue / white) and provide evidence of this at or before the training date. Participants are also required to have completed the units Working in Proximity to Traffic (WPT) Part 1 & 2 and submit evidence of completion to ASTA, along with the required Currency of Inductry Practice record when attending training. A copy of your current industry authority qualification is also required with enrolment.
Participants will be required to successfully complete an LLN assessment to confirm numeracy, ready, writing & language skills at least to ACSF Level 2 prior to enrolment into their selected course. It is a requirement that participants wishing to attend this training;
- provide to ASTA their current traffic control licence
- be able to stand for period of 2-3 hours or more
- be able to enter and exit the work location safely and unaided
- have adequate mobility, eyesight and hearing to be able to observe their surrounding work area in all directions during activities
Participants will receive copies of all training materials required such as;
- Traffic Controller Renewal Workbook
- Traffic Controller Ready Reckoner
- Traffic Controller accreditation scheme approved procedure, and
- Transport and Main Roads Queensland Traffic Controller Clothing Standard
The Code of Practice; Traffic Management for Construction or Maintenance Work 2008 will be made available to participants within the training room.
Classroom training consists of theory and demonstration of the undertstanding of Traffic Control processes over a 4 hour period. When classroom training and assessments are finalised, participants will undertake a simulation test or demonstration to assess their skills and knowledge.
ASTA is responsible for delivering quality training and assessment compliant with National Standard and WHS requirements.
Participants are required to attend training with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for a workplace including safety footwear and their workplace protective clothing suitable for conducting traffic control operations. All clients are to engage in all assessment activities to satisfactorily complete the course.
Participants will undertake a theory assessment on the day of classroom training. The assessment consists of mutiple choice, true or false and short answer questions. At completion of classroom training, participants will undertake a simulation test or challenge test ro assess their skills and knowledge. All participants are to engage in all assessment activities to satisfactorily complete the course.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing the written and practical assessments are entitled to receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop slow bat. Participants may also be eligible for the relevant Traffic Control Licence subject to the completion of the appropriate application and payment of fees. ASTA may provide information on how to apply for their Traffic Control Licence. This is renewable every 3 years.
This course will be delivered via a face to face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace, depending on numbers and client or workplace requirements.
$225 per person