Terms & Conditions
ASTA agrees to abide by its Code of Practice by:
✓ Delivering high quality services to its clients.
✓ Meeting client needs through best practice and innovative delivery of service.
✓ Providing services that are consistent, of value and quality.
✓ Identifying problems and inadequacies of service delivery and to amend these issues quickly.
Complaints and Grievances
ASTA recognises that differences and grievances can arise from time to time.
The rapid settlement of these matters is in the best interest of all parties concerned and the following steps are implemented to ensure this happens.
You agree to:
- Tell us if you are dissatisfied or have any concerns about our products, services, processes or policies.
- Tell us if you think you have been treated unfairly or unjustly.
- We will discuss the matter with you and try to resolve the problem.
Literacy and Numeracy
To successfully complete your training you must be able to count, check and accurately record, read, interpret, estimate, measure and calculate and ASTA may at times refer you to literacy and numeracy training in areas identified as necessary to ensure you meet the standards of your training.
ASTA collects and stores your personal details. During training we record your progress. We use this information to measure your and our performance and also to let you know about our future products and services. Where State or Commonwealth funding supports training we are obliged to submit your personal and progress details for research, statistical analysis, program evaluation, post completion survey and internal management purposes.
We DO NOT share, rent, or sell personal information you provide us. The confidentiality of the information we collect from you is protected under the Qld. Privacy ACT.
Fees and Refunds
ASTA undertakes to ensure that we provide financial safeguards for fees, charges and subsidies received from all students and training service clients. We ensure that all fees and charges paid are recorded in the appropriate manner so as to guarantee financial integrity.
- Clients/students who have overpaid and have supporting documentation as proof will be issued with a refund
- Where the client/student paid monies and the course is unavailable to commence, a refund will be issued.
- A transfer to a future course received more than 10 working days in advance of the start of the course will be able to do so without penalty. A cancellation will attract a 10% administration fee and the balance refunded.
- Cancellations received between 5-10 working days before the start of the course will forfeit 50% of the course fee. Cancellations within 5 days of the start of a course will forfeit 75% of the fee.
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged. Where a client commences a course and is unable to complete, no refund will be due.
- In all cases a substitute may be nominated to attend the original course without penalty.
- A charge of 1.25% will be incurred on the total amount of all credit card purchases.
Conditions of Credit
In the event of ASTA granting credit facilities to the client then:
- All accounts are to be settled in full within the agreed trading terms noted on the ASTA invoice. Credit facilities may only continue if payment is maintained in accordance with those agreed terms.
- Should the applicant default in making any payment in accordance with the agreed terms, then all monies due to ASTA shall immediately become due and payable. ASTA shall be entitled to charge interest at the rate of 2.5% per calendar month compounding, on all overdue amounts from the due date for payment until the date of actual payment.
- Any expenses and/or costs or disbursements incurred by ASTA in recovering any outstanding monies including debt collection agency fees and legal costs shall be paid by the client.
- It is expressly understood and agreed that these credit terms may be terminated at any time. In that event, all monies owing to ASTA will be immediately due and payable.
Enrolment and Selection
You must advise ASTA of:
- any medical condition or disability that may interfere or limit your ability to meet the competencies of your training.
- any changes to your personal information.
- any limitations in your literacy or numeracy skills that may affect your ability to meet the training competencies.
- any intended application of Recognition of Current Competencies / Recognition of Prior Learning.
- you must attend or make yourself available for an induction to training program.
Enrolments are accepted on the basis that ASTA will not be held liable for costs incurred due to course cancellation or rescheduling. ASTA will endeavour to give as early advice as possible of any course changes. Also be advised that minimum numbers apply to run all courses.
Course dates and fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
You acknowledge that you must observe our OH&S policies and all workplace practices as instructed by your trainer including Equal Rights and Equal Opportunity and the anti-discrimination