Safe Work in Confined Spaces Refresher Course (Includes Breathing Apparatus)
Who Should Attend
Persons who have previous undergo Confine Space training with Breathing Apparatus and require refresher training.
The aim of this course is to train participants in the requirements of the Work Health and Safety Act & Regulations 2011, Code of Practice – Confined Space 2011, and AS/NZS 2865-2009: Safe Working in a Confined Space, to enable them to work safely in confined spaces as recognised by competent persons.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Outline the legislation requirements for confined spaces
- State the types of hazards that may be found in confined spaces
- Conduct risk assessments for confined spaces
- Recognise the need for correct isolation procedures
- Recognise the need for, and conduct an atmospheric evaluation
- Determine the safety equipment to be used
- Demonstrate the correct use of safety equipment and breathing apparatus
- Recognise the need for fire prevention and equipment required for fire suppression
- Demonstrate the techniques of casualty assessment
- Complete an entry permit for entry into a confined space
- Demonstrate rescue procedures
Students must have completed a previous Confined Space course with relevant Units of Competency and provide this evidence at enrolment. These Units of Competency must include some form of Breathing Apparatus.
Participants receive a power point presentation, Entry Permit and Risk Assessment along with the Code of Practice for Confined Spaces.
Participants will undertake theory and practical assessments. Observation of the participant will be conducted throughout this process.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing practical components and theory assessment will receive a Certificate of Attendance for Confined Space Refresher.
The course will be delivered via a face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace, depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities available for the practical assessment.
Call 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
$310 per participant – Minimum and Maximum participant numbers apply