Safe Work in Confined Spaces - Includes Breathing Apparatus
Who Should Attend
Persons conducting a business or undertaking. Employers/Supervisors and employees, who may be responsible for, or who perform work in confined spaces.
The aim of this 3 day course is to train participants in the requirements of the Work Health and Safety Act & Regulations 2011, Code of Practice – Confined Space 2011, and AS/NZS 2865-2009: Safe Working in a Confined Space, to enable them to work safely in confined spaces as recognised by competent persons.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Outline the legislation requirements for confined spaces
- State the types of hazards that may be found in confined spaces
- Conduct risk assessments for confined spaces
- Recognise the need for correct isolation procedures
- Recognise the need for, and conduct an atmospheric evaluation
- Determine the safety equipment to be used
- Demonstrate the correct use of safety equipment and breathing apparatus
- Recognise the need for fire prevention and equipment required for fire suppression
- Demonstrate the techniques of casualty assessment
- Complete an entry permit for entry into a confined space
- Demonstrate rescue procedures
Unit MSAPMPER200C is to be completed prior to completing Unit MSAPMPER205C. Unit PUAFIR215 is to be completed prior to completing Unit PUAFIR207B. Unit PUAFIR207B is to be completed prior to completing Unit PUAFIR316
Participants receive a full set of Course Notes which cover Health and Safety Legislation, Risk Management, Isolation, Atmospheric Evaluation, Entry Permits, Health & Hygiene for Confined spaces, Personal Protective and Emergency Equipment, Emergency Procedures including practical exercises to be completed by the student.
Participants will undertake theory and practical assessments. Observation of the participant will be conducted throughout this process.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing practical components and theory assessment will receive a Statement of Attainment for
MSAPMPER205C Enter a confined space
MSAPMPER200C Work in accordance with an issued permit
PUAFIR316 Identify, detect & monitor hazardous materials at an incident
PUATEA001B Work in a team
PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
The course will be delivered over 3 days via a face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace, depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities available for the practical assessment.
Call 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
$720 per participant – Minimum and Maximum participant numbers apply
No Public Course for Safe Work in Confined Spaces - Includes Breathing Apparatus scheduled at this time.
Please contact our office to discuss your training options.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 07 4153 2800