Enter and work in confined spaces
Who Should Attend
Employers, supervisors and employees who may be responsible for or who perform work in or near confined spaces.
The aim of this course is to train participants in the requirements of AS/NZS 2865-2009 (Safe Working in a Confined Space), and the WHS Regulations Part 4.3, to enable them to work safely in or near confined spaces as recognised by competent persons.
- On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Outline the legislation requirements for confined spaces
- State the types of hazards that may be found in confined spaces
- Conduct risk assessments for confined spaces
- Recognise the need for correct isolation procedures
- Instruct in the use of an atmospheric test
- Determine the safety equipment to be used
- Demonstrate the correct use of safety equipment
- Recognise the need for fire prevention and equipment required for fire suppression
- Complete an entry permit for entry into a confined space
- Demonstrate rescue procedures
Participants receive a full set of Course Notes which cover Health and Safety Legislation, Risk Management, Isolation, Atmospheric Evaluation, Entry Permits, Personal Protective and Emergency Equipment, Emergency Procedures, Health & Hygiene for Confined spaces, including practical demonstrations.
Participants will undertake theory and practical assessments. Observation of the participant will be conducted throughout this process.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing practical components and theory assessment will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces.
The course will be delivered via a face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace, depending on numbers and client requirements and training facilities.
Call 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
$310 per participant – Minimum and Maximum participant numbers apply