Queensland Health and Safety Representatives - Refresher
Who Should Attend
Participants include all elected HSRs under the WH&S Act 2011 who have previously completed the approved initial five day training course.
The aim of this training course is to provide Health & Safety Representatives with information and knowledge on the WH&S Act legislative framework, and the role and functions of Workplace Health & Safety Queensland (WHSQ) and their interaction with Health & Safety Representatives. Participants will refresh their understanding of their roles, powers and functions in the representation, monitoring, investigating and enquiry into work health and safety management at their workplace under the WH&S law.
On completion of this course, participants will have been provided with information on;
- WHS legislative framework
- The role and functions of WHSQ and their interaction with HSRs
- Duties and responsibilities of PCBUs, officers, workers and other parties under the legislation
- The nature of the consultation process with workers as required of the primary PCBU by the WHS Act
- The purpose and formation of a workgroup (or workgroups) within the workplace
- Election process for HSRs / Deputy HSRs and disqualification provisions
- Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- The entitlements, rights and protections of an elected HSR/Deputy HSR
- Using negotiation, communication and problem solving skills and strategies as a HSR to represent a work group and to resolve work health and safety issues
- Risk management and the use of risk controls, including the duties and responsibilities of various PCBUs under the legislation
- How HSRs can use their functions and powers to contribute to risk management activities in the workplace
- Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and the right of a worker to cease unsafe work
- Participants will be required to undertake an LLN assessment to confirm numeracy, ready, writing and language skills at least to Level 2. This is to be successfully completed by the participant prior to enrolment into the course.
- elected HSRs who have completed the approved five day initial training course in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011; and
- existing HSRs who have completed course 30630QLD - Functioning as a Workplace Health and Safety Representative in accordance with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995.
Participants will receive a student workbook and handouts. Participants will also receive a current copy of the Workplace Health & Safety Act & Regulations for use in the classroom. ASTA is responsible for delivering quality training and assessment compliant with National Standards and WH&S requirements.
Participants are expected to participate in classroom discussions and activities. There is no formal testing required.
Participants who demonstrate understanding by successfully completing activities will receive a Certificate of Attendance for WHSQ-HSR-RFS01 Health and Safety Representative Refresher
The course will be delivered via a face to face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
You may refer to the ASTA website www.austsafe.net.au for our current training calendar or contact our office on 07) 4153 2800
$295 per participant – Minimum and Maximum participant numbers apply