Low Voltage Rescue & CPR
Who Should Attend
Any person who has a Low Voltage Rescue (LVR) and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for their workplace.
The aim of this training course is to provide the knowledge, skills and procedures to participants to follow in the event of an emergency situation involcing rescue from low voltage electrical systems and to perform CPR if required to do so.
On completion of this course, participants will have been provided with information on;
- Legislative requirements for the performance of Live Work as stated in the Electrical Regulations
- Identifying electrical hazards when working near live electrical parts
- Identifying other hazards on the work site
- Inspection of rescue equipement and PPE requirements
- Low Voltage Rescue procedures
- First Aid treatment associated with contact with live electrical parts of electrical explosions/fires
- Resuscitation table
- Recovery Position
- Apply CPR
- Burns treatment
Participants are to have successfully completed the unit HLTAID009 Perform CPR prior to completing the unit UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
Participants will be required to successfully complete an LLN assessment to confirm numeracy, reading, writing and language skills at least to ACSF Level 3 prior to enrolment into their selected course.
It is a requirements that participants wishing to attend this training be able to:
- enter and exit the work location safely and unaided
- have adequate mobility yo be able to enter restricted /darkened work areas
- be able to conduct manual handling activities involving movement of persons
- have adequate mobilty, eyesight and hearing to be able to observe their surroung work area in all directions during activities
Participants will receive course notes which includes extracts from the Electrical Safety Act, Electrical Safety Regulations, Risk Management concepts, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Control Measures and Emergency Procedures including CPR.
During the training participants will have access to support materials for LVR / CPR, PowerPoint presentations and safety videos. Each participants will be required to successfully complete in class assessments.
ASTA is responsible for delivering quality training and assessment compliant with National Standards and WHS requirements.
Participants are required to attend training with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for a workplace including safety footwear and their workplace protective clothing suitable for conducting electrical work / operations. All participants are to engage in assessment activities to satisfactorily complete the course.
Participants will undertake a theory assessment and a practical demonstration. The theory assessment consists of mutiple choice, true or false and short answer questions, with a practical demonstration of skills to be observed. The practical assessment requires participants to demonstrate competence of this unit by conducting CPR for a scenario provided.
On successful completion of assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for
HLTAID009 Perform CPR
UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel (Superseded)
This training is renewable every 12 months for both CPR and LVR
The course will be delivered via a face to face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace, depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
Call (07) 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
$150 per person
Minimum and maximum participant numbers apply
Note - Separate LVR/CPR Training (2 hours duration each) is also available.