Low Voltage Rescue
Who Should Attend
All personnel who have Low Voltage Rescue (LVR) training requirements for their workplace.
The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge,skills and procedures for participants to follow in the event of an emergency situation involving rescue from a low voltage electrical system and to perform a rescue if required to do so.
On completion of the training, participants will have been provided with information on;
- Legislative requirements for the performance of Live Work as stated in the Electrical Regulations
- Identifying electrical hazards when working near live electrical parts
- Identifying other hazards on the work site
- Low Voltage Rescue procedures
- Inspection of rescue equipment and PPE requirements
- First Aid treatment associated with contact with live electrical parts or electrical explosions/fires
- Simulated exercise for low voltage rescue
Students are to have completed the unit HLTAID001 - Perform CPR prior to completing the unit UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel.
Participants will be required to successfully complete an LLN assessment to confirm numeracy, reading,. writing and language skills at least to ACSF Level 3 prior to enrolment into their selected course.
It is a requirement participants wishing to attend this training are able to:
- enter and exit ther work location safely and unaided
- have adequate mobility to be able to enter restricted / darkened work areas
- have adequate mobility, eyesight and hearing to be able to observe their surrounding work area in all directions during activities
Participants will receive course notes which includes extracts from the Electrical Safety Act, Electrical Safety Regulations, Risk Management concepts, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Control Measures and Emergency Procedures.
During the training participants will have access to support material for LVR, PowerPoint presentations and safety videos. Each participants will be required to successfully complete in class assessments.
ASTA is responsible for delivering quality training and assessment compliant with National Standards and WHS requirements.
Participants will undertaken practical tasks, written assessment and observation by the assessor to ensure competency.
On successful completion of assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel.
The course will be delivered via a face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace, depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
Call 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
$70 per person
Minimum and maximum participant numbers apply
Note - Combined LVR/CPR Training (4 hours duration) is also available.