Implement traffic management plan
Who Should Attend
Participants will be those persons who are required to erect road work signage.
The aim of this program is to equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to interpret and install the appropriate traffic guidance schemes to site requirements.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to -
- Understand Manual of Uniformed Traffic Control Devices Part 3 Work on Roads;
- Accurately read and interpret plans, specifications and quality requirements;
- Identify and include site specific requirements;
- Demonstrate that he / she can establish criteria to monitor the effectiveness of the work site signage and traffic flow;
- Correctly select the traffic guidance scheme that suits the site conditions;
- Conduct a pre-operational check of all equipment;
- Place the traffic guidance scheme devices in position according to legislation and in an appropriate manner;
- Monitor the flow and effectiveness of the traffic guidance scheme;
- Ensure traffic guidance scheme devices are removed;
- Record a detailed traffic guidance scheme that demonstrated accurate application of the work instructions.
Construction Induction – White Card or QLD Blue Card
Sound reading and writing skills
Participants will receive a copy of the current MUTCD – Part 3 Works on Roads and Traffic Management Implementation Participants Activity Book
Participants will complete the Activity Book, undergo group activities within the classroom. Participants are also required to demonstrate experience in the workplace by the completion and submission of the Third Party Report showing three (3) different site set up of varying degrees of complexity. Participants have 3 months to complete and return to ASTA.
Upon successful completion of the theory assessments, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Upon successful completion and return of the Third Party Report participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan and wallet sized card. These will be valid for 3 years.
The theory component of the course will be delivered in a face-to-face format at ASTA’s training rooms or at the workplace depending on client requirements and numbers. The Third Party Report may be completed on site under the direction and supervision of an appropriately qualified and experienced Supervisor.
The Third Party Report can be completed by ASTA at an additional cost.
Call 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
1 day + Third Party Report
$350 per participant – Minimum and Maximum participant numbers apply