Implement traffic management plan
Who Should Attend
Participants will be those persons who have the responsibility to read, interpret, erect, alter or remove roadworks signage or devices on work sites.
The aim of this program is to provide participants with the knowledge and sckills required to read, interpret and implement traffic management procedures set out in the Queensland Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices Part 3: Traffic Control for Works on Roads, and the Supplement Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Part 3: Traffic control for works on roads
On completion of this course, participants should have the knowledge and skills to;
- Have a basic understanding of the QLD Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices Part 3: Trafic Control for Works on Roads, and the Supplement Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Part 3: Traffic control for works on roads
- Accurately read and interpret plans, specifications and quality requirements
- Identify and include site specific requirements
- Demonstrate that they can establish criteria to monitor the effectiveness of the work site signage and traffic flow
- Correctly select traffic guidance scheme that suits the site conditions
- Conduct a pre-operational check of all equipment
- Place the traffic guidance scheme devices in position according to legislation and in an appropriate manner
- Monitor the flow and effectives of the traffic guidance scheme
- Ensure traffic guidance scheme devices are removed
- Record a detailed traffic guidance scheme that demonstrated accurate application of the work instructions
Construction Induction – White Card or QLD Blue Card
Sound reading and writing skills
Participants will receive a copy of the current MUTCD – Part 3 Works on Roads and Traffic Management Implementation Participants Activity Book
Participants will complete the Activity Book, undergo group activities within the classroom. Participants are also required to demonstrate experience in the workplace by the completion and submission of the Third Party Report showing three (3) different site set up of varying degrees of complexity. Participants have 3 months to complete and return to ASTA.
Upon successful completion of the theory assessments, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Upon successful completion and return of the Third Party Report participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan and wallet sized card. These will be valid for 3 years.
The theory component of the course will be delivered in a face-to-face format at ASTA’s training rooms or at the workplace depending on client requirements and numbers. The Third Party Report may be completed on site under the direction and supervision of an appropriately qualified and experienced Supervisor.
The Third Party Report can be completed by ASTA at an additional cost.
Call 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
1 day + Third Party Report
$350 per participant – Minimum and Maximum participant numbers apply