Fire Safety Advisor - Queensland
Who Should Attend
Participants will be those persons who are appointed as Fire Safety Advisor for their organisation.
The aim of this program is to equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to assume the role and responsibilities of a Fire Safety Advisor.
On completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Fire Safety Advisor
- Develop an understanding of the Legislation pertaining to the fire safety
- Identify fire safety installations/equipment in a building
- Develop an awareness and understanding of maintenance and records pertaining to fire safety
- Develop risk management strategies
- Understand the role and responsibilities of emergency control organization members
- Understand the role and functions of the emergency planning committee
- Operate fire extinguishers
- Conduct and evaluate evacuation exercises and fire drills
Participants will receive a full set of Course Notes including Legislative requirements, Roles and Functions of the ECO and FSA, Emergency Planning and Evacuation processes, Emergency Warning systems, Methods of Extinguishment (eg fire extinguishers, hose reels, blankets, etc.)
Participants will undertake self assessments throughout the training modules, written assessments and practical assignments.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing practical components and theory assessment will receive a Statement of Attainment for
PUAFER001 Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations
PUAFER002 Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
PUAFER003 Manage and monitor workplace emergency, procedures, equipment and other resources
PUAFER004 Respond to workplace emergencies
PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
PUAFER006 Lead an emergency control organisation
PUAFER007 Manage an emergency control organisation
PUAFER008 Confine small workplace emergencies
The course will be delivered in a face-to-face format at ASTA's training rooms or at the workplace depending on numbers, client requirements and and training facilities.
Call (07) 4153 2800 or refer to the online calendar
$680 per person
Note - minimum and maximum participant numbers apply