EWP Operate an elevating work platform under 11mt
Who Should Attend
Any person wishing to gain the skills required to obtain competency to operate;
- Truck or Trailer mounted, Self-propelled Boom Lifts up to 11mt
- Vertical mast/personal lifts and articulated Elevated Work Platforms up to 11mt, or
- Scissor Left (any height)
The aim of this course is to provide the participant with adequate knowledge and skills to successfully and safely operate an elevated work platform up to 11mt in height, or scissor lift of any height.
On completion of this course, participants will know:
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and controls
- Fall arrest harness inspection, fitting and use
- Identify safe operating parameters using data plate and manual
- Conduct pre and post operational checks
- Operation of EWP
- Emergency procedures
Participants will be required to successfully complete an LLN assessment to confirm numeracy, reading, writing and language skills at least ACSF Level 2 prior to enrolment into this unit of competency training course.
It is a requirement that participants wishing to attend this training be able to;
- enter and exit the plant item and work location safely and unaided
- not be afraid to be at heights
- be withing the safe load limited of any harnesses or lifting equipment used in the training course (ASTA uses Spanset harnesses rated to 140kg)
- have adequate mobility, eyesitght and hearing to be able to observe their surrounding work area in all directions during activities
- other requirements as necessary for course participation
Participants will receive course notes which includes extracts from the Work Health & Safety Act 2011, Risk Management concepts, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Control Measures and Basic Emergency Procedures.
ASTA is responsible for delivering quality training and assessment compliant with National Standards and Work Health & Safety requirements.
Participants are required to attend training with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for a workplace including safety footwear and their workplace protective clothing suitable for conducting elevated work platform operations. All participants are to engage in assessment activities to satisfactorily complete the course.
A written assessment for this course consists of mutiple choice and short answer questions. Participants are to successfully complete the written assessment prior to undertaking the practical assessment. Assessments can be undertaken in;
- Vertical Lift
- Scissor Lift
- Self-Propelled Boom Lift
- Trailer Lift & Truck Mounted
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing the written and practical assessments are entitled to receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform (less then 11mt)
The course will be delivered via a face to face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
You can refer to the ASTA website www.austsafe.net.au for a training calendar or contact our office on 07) 4153 2800
6 hours (dependant on competencies and student numbers)
$450 per person
This cost does not include the hire cost of the EWP for the practical assessment