Confined Space 1 day - No Breathing Apparatus
Who Should Attend
Those who may be responsible for or who perform work in confined spaces.
The aim of this course is to train participants in the requirements of AS/NZS 2865-2009 (Confined Spaces) to enable them to work safely in confined spaces as recognised by competent persons.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Outline the legislation requirements for confined spaces
- State the types of hazards that may be found in confined spaces
- Conduct risk assessments for confined spaces
- Recognise the need for correct isolation procedures
- Recognise the need for, and conduct an atmospheric evaluation
- Determine the safety equipment to be used
- Demonstrate the correct use of safety equipment
- Recognise the need for fire prevention and equipment required for fire suppression
- Complete an entry permit for entry into a confined space
- Demonstrate rescue procedures
Participants receive a set of Course Notes which cover Health and Safety Legislation, Risk Management, Isolation, Atmospheric Evaluation, Entry Permits, Health & Hygiene for Confined spaces, Personal Protective and Emergency Equipment, Emergency Procedures including practical and First Aid Legislation however not all material is covered in its entirety for the 1 day course.
Participants will undertake a theory and practical assessment. Observation of the participant will be conducted throughout this process.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing practical components and theory assessment will receive a Statement of Attainment for
MSAPMPER205 Enter a Confined Space
MSAPMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
The course will be delivered via a face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace, depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities available for the practical assessment.
Call (07) 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
$310 per person - Minimum and maximum participant numbers apply