Who Should Attend
All personnel involved with the management of chemicals in the workplace.
This course provides participants with knowledge and skills in the management of chemicals within the workplace. The course includes numerous case studies and exercises to allow participants to practically apply the concepts presented in the course.
- Understand the factors affecting the risks associated with chemicals in the workplace, including basis toxicology
- Understand the classification systems for hazardous substances and dangerous goods
- Acquire knowledge of the legislative requirements relating to storage, handling and use of hazardous substances and dangerous goods
- Acquire knowledge of legislation and basic requirements relating to the transport of dangerous goods
- Comprehend the information provided on Material Safety Data Sheets and labels and identify when the information provided meets legislative requirements
- Be able to conduct basic chemical risk assessment, identifying suitable control options using the control hierarchy
- Be able to identify requirements for atmospheric monitoring and health surveillance
- Be able to determine specific controls required for the safe storage and handling of dangerous goods
- Be able to prepare information, such as placards, manifests and emergency procedures to ensure the effective management of chemical incidents
Participants will receive notes for Chemical Management as well as Material Safety Data Sheets together with Risk Assessments for Hazardous Substances.
Participants will undergo a short written test as well as group activities for completing Chemical Risk Assessments, Toxicology of chemicals, Labelling, Exposure and Safety Data Sheets.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing all assessments will receive a Certificate of Attendance for Chemical Management.
The course will be delivered via a face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
Call 4153 2800 to discuss your options
Group sessions available - please contact our office for a quote
No Public Course for Chemical Management scheduled at this time.
Please contact our office to discuss your training options.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 07 4153 2800