Queensland Health and Safety Representatives - Refresher
Who Should Attend
Persons who have been elected as Health & Safety Representatives (including deputy HSRs) for their workplace, who have requested approved training under the WHS Act to assist them in performing their role.
To give the participant the necessary skills to operate in the role of a Health and Safety representative.
On completion of this course, participants should have the skills to be able to identify:
- WHS legislative framework
- The role and functions of WHSQ and their interaction with HSRs
- Duties and responsibilities of PCBUs, officers, workers and other parties under the legislation
- The nature of the consultation process with workers as required of the primary PCBU by the WHS Act
- The purpose and formation of a workgroup (or workgroups) within the workplace
- Election process for HSRs / Deputy HSRs and disqualification provisions
- Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- The entitlements, rights and protections of an elected HSR/Deputy HSR
- Using negotiation, communication and problem solving skills and strategies as a HSR to represent a work group and to resolve work health and safety issues
- Risk management and the use of risk controls, including the duties and responsibilities of various PCBUs under the legislation
- How HSRs can use their functions and powers to contribute to risk management activities in the workplace
- PINs and the right of a worker to cease unsafe work
Persons eligible to complete this training are;
- elected HSRs who have completed the approved five day initial training course in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011; and
- existing HSRs who have completed course 30630QLD - Functioning as a Workplace Health and Safety Representative in accordance with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995.
Participants will receive a student workbook and handouts. Participants will also receive a current copy of the Workplace Health & Safety Act & Regulations for use in the classroom.
Participants are expected to participate in classroom discussions and activities. Although no formal testing is required a short assessment is conducted.
Participants who demonstrate understanding by successfully completing activities will receive a Certificate of Attendance for WHSQ-HSR-RFS01 Health and Safety Representative Refresher
The course will be delivered via a face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
Call 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar on our website
$295 per participant – Minimum and Maximum participant numbers apply