Electrical Test & Tag - Queensland Non Commercial Basis
Who Should Attend
Persons who are responsible for the testing and tagging of electrical tools and equipment in the workplace.
To give the participant the necessary skills to undertake in service inspection of electrical equipment, flexible cables, cords and plugs (excluding fixed wiring) in their workplace.
On completion of this course, participants will have an understanding of:
- Legislation and General Information including the responsibilities and obligations of employers, self employed persons and employees under the Electrical Safety Act 2002 and Electrical Safety Regulation 2013
- Risk Management Principles
- Fundamental electrical principles
- Classification of flexible cables/cords
- Test procedures including inspection and testing of electrical equipment, insulation resistance testing, testing portable isolation transformers, testing RCD's, inspection and recording procedures
- Testing and inspection intervals
None - However please be aware this course does not authorise participants to charge a fee for their Test & Tag services. It is designed for participants to test & tag their own equipment or that of their employer.
Participants will receive Course Notes which include extracts from the Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 and power point presentations.
Participants will undertake a written assessment and practical testing of electrical equipment including the use of Meggars and Portable Appliance Testers.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing the written assessment and all practical components will receive a Certificate of Attendance for In-service Inspection of Electrical Equipment, Flexible Cables/Cords & Plugs (excluding fixed wiring).
The course will be delivered via a face-to-face format in ASTA's training rooms or at you workplace depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
Call (07) 4153 2800 or refer to the online course calendar
$415 per person
Note - Minimum and maximum participant numbers apply