Who Should Attend
All personnel using chemicals in the workplace.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively and safely work with chemicals in the workplace.
- Understand the factors affecting the risks associated with chemicals in the workplace, including basic toxicology
- Understand the classification systems for hazardous substances and dangerous goods
- Acquire knowledge of the legislative requirements relating to storage, handling and use of hazardous substances and dangerous goods
- Comprehend the information provided on the selection, use, fit, maintenance and storage of personal protective equipment
- Understand the limitations of personal protective equipment
Participants will receive notes for Chemical Awareness as well as Material Safety Data Sheets together with Risk Assessments for Hazardous Substances.
Participants will undergo a short written test as well as group activities for labelling, exposure and Safety Data Sheets.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing all assessments will receive a Certificate of Attendance for Chemical Awareness.
The course will be delivered via a face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
Call 4153 2800 to discuss your options
Group sessions available - please contact our office for a quote
No Public Course for Chemical Awareness scheduled at this time.
Please contact our office to discuss your training options.
Phone: 07 4153 2800