Authorised Persons Electrical (Safe Work Near Exposed Live Parts - SWNELP)
Who Should Attend
Persons who are required to perform work around energised electrical parts such as overhead lines and require authority to reduce the exclusion zone.
To give the participant the necessary skills to enable them to achieve approval to work as an authorised person. Completion of this course alone does not entitle you to work as an authorised person without the written approval of the person in control of the parts. This course does not allow you to work as an authorised person for determining the insulation integrity of insulated lines and cables.
On completion of this course, participants will have an understanding of:
- Obligations of employers, self employed persons and employees under the Electrical Safety Act and Regulations, Workplace Health and Safety Act and other relevant Acts and Codes of Practice
- Risk Management for electrical equipment
- Electrical Theory, Step & Touch potential, Fault levels
- Identification of High voltage and Low voltage lines including ways of determining the voltage levels and levels of insulation.
- Understanding causes and risks of insulated conductors being damaged
- Determination of exclusions zones for various activities
- Systems of work including safety observers
- Emergency procedures
Moderate reading and writing skills.
Participants will receive Course Notes, a copy of the Code of Practice for Working Near Overhead and Underground Electric Lines and an Electrical Risk Assessment.
Participants will undertake practical and written assessment and completion of an Electrical Risk Assessment for a task outlined by the trainer.
Participants who demonstrate competency by successfully completing all assessments will receive a Certificate of Attendance for Authorised Persons - Safe Work Near Exposed Live Parts.
Registration is to be submitted to your electrical company on receipt of the qualifications. Please ask ASTA staff for assistance.
The course will be delivered via face-to-face format in either ASTA training rooms or at your workplace depending on numbers, client requirements and training facilities.
Call 4153 2800 to discuss
Refresher available - 4 hours
$400 per person Full course - please call to discuss group bookings and refresher pricing
No Public Course for Authorised Persons Electrical (Safe Work Near Exposed Live Parts - SWNELP) scheduled at this time.
Please contact our office to discuss your training options.
Phone: 07 4153 2800